A Link to the Past Glitches
- Don't know which version of ALttP you have? Find out with the Version Guide.
- Make sure you read the Glitch Posting Template before you add a new glitch.
Backdoor Lockup: Enter a door backwards to lock the game.
Bad Background Music: Have the background music play nothing and then the wrong song.
Blue Shield: Turn the red shield blue.
Boomerang Glitch: Bug out the Boomerang.
Colour-Changing Soldiers: Turn green soldiers gold or purple.
Danger Bunny II: A second way to use a sword while in bunny form (see first one below).
- Teleportation: Get to an area as a bunny which you would actually need a hammer to get to.
Danger Bunny III: Yet a third way to use a sword while in bunny form.
Death Mountain Descent: Explore the Dark World early.
- Alternate Death Mountain Descent: An alternate, slightly more general method to do the same.
- Death Mountain Ascent: Expore eastern Death Mountain early.
- Metamorphosis Fairy: Change Bunny Link to normal Link in the Dark World.
- Reality Overlap: Mix the Dark and Light worlds together.
- Reality Overlap II: Mix the Dark and Light worlds together again.
- Danger Bunny: Use a sword while in Bunny form.
- Sword Degration: Downgrade your sword up to two grades.
- Altered Credits: Alter the Credits.
- Wallmaster Transform: Change from a bunny into Link using a Wallmaster.
Early Magic Cape: Get the Magic Cape early.
Ghost of Misery Mire: Invisible enemies in Misery Mire.
High Jump Boots: Jump over walls, and access normally inaccessible areas.
Infinite Pegasus Shoes Glitch: Crash into objects without Pegasus Shoes.
Lanmolas Glitch: Have Lanmolas appear in the wrong room get stuck in mid air.
Light World Bunny: Start the game as a bunny.
Magical Blocks: Have a block disappear before your eyes.
Scrolling Shenanigans: Weird screen scrolling in Skeleton Dungeon.
- The Under-Underworld: Get underneath the underworld.
Shovelrang: The Boomerang acts as a shovel.
Under/Over-Underworlds: Be invisible; go anywhere you want!
- Bonus Hearts: Get all the heart containers you please, up to a certain limit, by slaying two small Moldorms each time.
- Fast Triforce: Beat the game in 5 minutes.
- Four Sword Burglar: Break into the Palace of the Four Sword without having to play Four Swords.
- Reality Overlap III: Mix the Dark and Light worlds, or Light and Dark!
- Swim Glitch: Swim on the floor.
- Underworld Curse: Glitch the game out by going too far out.