Twilight Princess Glitches - Lava Fishing
- The Fishing Rod
- Access to the Goron Mines
- Head to a room in the Goron Mines where there's lava low enough for the Fishing Rod to reach.
- Position yourself along a "shore" near the lava.
- Equip the Fishing Rod (if you haven't done so already), then cast it.
- Without putting the Fishing Rod away, jump into the lava.
- Note that you can do step 4 without doing the latter half of step 3. If doing this, the height of the jump does not matter; this can even be done in the Lava Cavern near the Bridge of Eldin.
- Also note that you can stop after both halves of step 3 and not even do step 4.
Once you've cast the fishing rod over the lava, if you're low enough where the bobber can land in the lava, the game will enter the bobber fishing mode (although you can't catch anything). If you have the Fishing Rod out with you when jumping into the lava, you'll hear some water sounds in the process.
These effects are probably due to a programming oversight as to how liquids are programmed in Twilight Princess. For the most part, lava and water are internally the same substance, the only differences being a few flags concerning damage and traversability. The Fishing Rod cannot tell the difference between lava and water, hence why you can go fishing in the lava and why there are some water sounds when falling into the lava with the Fishing Rod out.