Here is an archive of all news posts from the front page.
Feel free to post any recent news to ZeldaChaos:Recent News. It's now unlocked so anybody can add content to it. If you do add anything, and because this comes out on the front page, just realize that any news may be subject to change or deletion.
- March 4th, 2013 - User of the Month: I am now announcing (very matter of fact) that we will give badges to outstanding members at the end of each month, for our User of the Month awards! Also in other news, we now have the Wind Waker Beta page almost complete, and linked to from the front page.
- June 15th, 2012 - Wiki Crash: Unfortunately due to circumstances out of my control, the wiki has completely crashed sometime last night (EST) and caused the whole database to be corrupted beyond repair. Luckily, I still had a backup from April 12th, 2012. Although it is a month of updates behind, I think we can get the few new missing glitches back and the loss of edits. I sincerely apologize for this downtime and will start backing up the wiki much more often now to prevent this (or at least try to) from happening again. As for right now, things are still a little fuzzy here and there. Hopefully, I will get this wiki back to it's previous state in a matter of days or so.
- November 18th, 2011 - Skyward Sword: I'm exited to announce that we've now officially opened the Skyward Sword glitch page! With it, and just like OoT 3D, we've started a [Sword community page] so you can quickly find any new glitches. This is the first new console Zelda game in 5 years, and from all accounts, it's going to be a blast. (on a side note, the glitch page generator has now been added to the sidebar)
- September 10th, 2011 - Incoming Wiki Update: Sometime this upcoming week (most likely September 15th) will be the wiki upgrade to 1.17.0. Because of this upgrade, the wiki may have some problems during and or after the upgrade. If you happen to view the wiki on the upgrade date you may run into random errors and other weird things. Please just ignore that while the wiki is being upgraded.
- August 25th, 2011 - Glitches by Area. Hi there guys, Curly here for a quick little announcement. I just wanted to talk about the new phenomenon on the wiki known as Glitches by Area! *Cue trumpets* Basically, there are pages being created for all the different places in Zelda. When these are finished they will contain all manner of trivia, neat facts and glitches. How can you get involved I hear you cry! Well head on over to the Category:Places page and add stuff to the pages in it. Bye, Curly. Credit to Zafum for the original idea on the projects page.
- July 5th, 2011 - New Glitch Page Generator: Death99 has made this really wonderful Glitch Generator for us. You just put in information, and it generates a page for you! It does have just a few minor bugs, and does have some things that might need slight changing, but it'll help make page creation much more smooth.
- July 4th, 2011 - 1,000,000 Total Views: After many years, the Zelda Chaos wiki has finally reached a total of over 1,000,000 total views!
- July 3rd, 2011 - New IRC: Courtesy of Verführer, Zelda Chaos now has an IRC channel, so be sure to check it out!
- July 2nd, 2011 - 3DS Glitches Intentional: Apparently, at least according to the OoT 3D developers, many of the returning 3DS glitches were added deliberately. You can check out a full article OoT 3D glitches were not intentional. . Of course, there are some major speedrunning glitches that they probably didn't mean to have return, and I'm quite sure that the new
- July 1st, 2011 - Zelda Chaos Beta: We're finally opening the Beta Section on Zelda Chaos, which has (or most of it has) been recently moved from the old site. Check it out on the Beta Content section of the Front Page!
- June 21st, 2011 - Ocarina of Time 3d: Now with the new OoT out, we've released a new page with information on returning and exclusive glitches that pop up! You can check it out here.
- May 24th, 2011 - 50,000th View: I'm pleased to announce that, as of today, the Front Page of Zelda Chaos has reached 50,000 page views!
- April 25th, 2011 - New Affiliation: I would like you to welcome Zelda Chaos' brand new affiliate, the ! (NIWA for short)
- March 31th, 2011 - OoT 3DS Glitches: For those of you who are curious, about a month ago a video was released showing the famous Infinite Sword Glitch being performed on the "Ocarina of Time 3ds". You can see the link . The uploader also stated he had tested other glitches on it that worked, but also that the Pokey and Deku Nut escapes do not work.
- March 27th, 2011 - New Search Engine: This morning at around 11am (GMT-5) time, the searchindex table has crashed beyond repair leaving us a non-functional search engine and some pages throwing out SQL errors. Fortunately, this has been fixed but the searchindex table has to be restarted and built back up. As a result, the search engine for the wiki has now been temporarily changed to Google. As the searchindex table refills itself throughout time, we'll see which one is a better engine and maybe use Google instead for now on instead of the default.
- March 22nd, 2011 - New Front Page: Welcome to the new front page! Not only has there been a complete redesign, but if you're reading this right now, you've probably already noticed that we now have a section on the page dedicated to Zelda Chaos and Zelda glitching news. Other new features to the page, like a Zelda beta section (from ), will also come in time.
Know of something significant in the Zelda glitching world that's happened/been discovered, or interesting information in that general category? Tell us about it on the talk page or add it to Recent News!